Solid Waste, Refuse and Recycling Information for Urbanna
We do not pick up large items, yard waste, construction debris and hazardous household items like paint, poisons, batteries and cleaners. Take them to the Middlesex County Convenience Center at Stormont. The Convenience Center is open from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm every day except Thursday and holidays.
Recyclables are picked up on Wednesdays. Separate your recyclables into containers. Please place them in their own bins, garbage cans or bags. Free recycling bins are available at the Town Office. Please note that corrugated cardboard must be flattened and can be no larger than 3 feet x 4 feet in size. (If you've just moved, you can also put out 2 boxes full of packing paper.)
At this time we cannot accept:
- Plastic bags or any item placed in a plastic bag
- Wide mouth tubs such as yogurt cups and butter tubs
- Plastic flower pots Styrofoam
- Plastic cups or plates or utensils
- Oil and pesticide containers
Unacceptable items will actually increase the cost of processing and may cause a load of otherwise recyclable materials to be rejected!
We can accept the following recyclables
- Plastic bottles and jugs Glass bottles and jugs Metal food containers Soda bottles and cans Newspapers Magazines, catalogs and junk mail Phone books Flattened cardboard Cereal, cookie and cracker boxes
Office: (804) 758-2613
Fax: (804) 758-0389
Monday ~ Friday
8am ~ 4:30pm